Saturday, June 6, 2009

My mother and father were both working as suits in an agency called Advertising and Marketing Associates (AMA) when they met. When they got married, my father moved on to client side, while my mother became one of JWT's Vice-Presidents. 

I had always wanted to be in advertising. Not as the face and voice fronting clients like my parents were, but more as the heart creating the advertising itself. It was not 'til mom retired, that I was able to begin what I would now consider my calling.

I've been here for eleven years - a Creative Director for about what, five (?), six (?) years of those eleven. 

Last August, I joined Ace/Saatchi & Saatchi Manila, after almost two years at BBDO Guerrero Manila, where I moved after eight years at McCann-Erickson Philippines. That was where it all began.

Before my suicide move to Advertising, I had my own little production outfit, with my own little cooking show that made lots of money from the same clients whose advertising I now create. And before that, I was a sportswriter.

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice that I can now catch up with you through your blogs. I miss you Trixie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you. This is my online folio, my blog's on the other site (the one named Miraculous). Neither of my sites are as updated as yours, but I do try to post news every now and then. Nice to hear from you again, Donds. Miss you, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete